Monday, October 31, 2011

Makeup 365 Days 28, 29, 30 and 31 - Playing Catch Up!

Why so many days in this post you ask? Well, someone shot a film this weekend and 3 days were required for prep and recovery. Friday night I had to drive to our shoot location, have a production meeting, witness rehearsal and then set up my station all before hitting the sack for what I think may have been 3 hours of sleep if I was lucky. Between losing my job that afternoon and driving the 1.5 hrs to location before all of the production business that night, I think I get a mulligan on Friday.

Saturday started early. BTW early for me is 8AM and I was awake at 6:30AM. I got ready and to my station by 7:30, got my actors at 8:15 for wardrobe, H&MU and had to have them ready to roll by 9AM. As anxious as I was last week leading up to the shoot day the minute I had a makeup sponge in my hand I was calm, collected and confident (should I start calling this the 3C's? lol). Nothing beats hearing your director say,'Oh my GOD, they look so good!' The director was pleased, the actors were please and that more than made up for all of the anxiety.

Keeping continuity all day kept me on my feet, alert and distracted from the rest of the world (two giant cups of very strong coffee helped also). My always-misplaced alcohol spray bottle, constant need to dab foreheads with tissues and overall need to keep continuity made for a very busy day, but one that I was more than ready to repeat the next morning. I had the most fun I have ever had 'working'. Between takes while the lighting doods moved equipment and lit the next shot I got to chat with the other crew members and the actors. I met such neat people and had a blast shooting this film with them. I learned a ton about every department from lighting to camera assisting to gaffing and loved every single moment of it. My aching body needed a recovery day afterwards, but it was all worth it to get to have this experience with these amazingly talented people.

I have a bunch of BTS pictures on my cell phone, however we had an on-set photog, so those pictures will be shown in a later post. I do have continuity pictures, but didn't ask for permission to post them, so I apologize for not being able to produce two pictures to make up for Friday and Saturday's lack of Makeup 365. I promise you that I did two makeups for those days!

Now to move on to Makeup 365 for yesterday and today. Granted I did both of these makeups today, BUT the first one was simply my inspiration this morning and the second was ... well a little halloween fun ; )

Day 30:
I woke up not feeling my typical Sephora palette mainly because I've worn it to work every day for the last many months and, well, association is a nasty thing. So, that being said, I had a little fun with my Neutral palette from Coastal Scents. Visit them and give them some business. Awesome pigments and not very expensive!

The makeup:
Photobucket
(Pictured: My staple primers, MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW15, Sephora blush in rose frais, Make Up For Ever HD Powder, Smashbox waterproof gel eyeliner, MAC False Lashes, Neutral palette from CoastalScents.com, Kat Von D By Sephora lip color in Coral Castle)

My results:
Photobucket

Day 31:
Happy Halloween! Time for a little makeup fun! Quite last minute I decided to do a vampire bite on my neck which turned into vampire-esque makeup on my face.

The makeup:
Photobucket
(Pictured: My staple primers, MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW15, Sephora blush in rose frais,MAC False Lashes, Make Up For Ever HD Powder, Smashbox waterproof gel eyeliner, black soft eye pencil, Original 88 Palette by CoastalScents.com, bruise wheel and concealer wheel by Kryolon, not pictured: nose puddy)

My results:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I had a tiny bit of fun ; ) Happy halloween, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment