Thursday, October 6, 2011

Makeup 365 Day 6

So tonight I opted to do another project from this gorgeous book called 'Makeup Is Art: Professional techniques for creating original looks'. Tonight's look gave a tip for making a smoky eye with gel eyeliner (my fave) and I attempted it. You will see what I'm talking about when you look at my pictures, but I either didn't let the liner dry enough or I need to not use waterproof gel eyeliner when trying this technique. I'm sure it will come up again in future projects, but for now I'm not happy. Nor do I like my pictures, but seeing as I'm an amateur photog with a nice camera that I'm still learning about I ask you to forgive me and my lack of decent self portrait skills. On to the makeup!

The Project:
Photobucket

The makeup:
Photobucket
(Pictured: My staples: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Rimmel liquid foundation in fair, Make Up For Ever HD Powder, MAC False Lashes, Smashbox waterproof gel eyeliner, Neutral palette by CoastalScents.com, random gloss I picked up at Duane Reade on a whim)

The results:
Photobucket
Photobucket

See what I mean? Definitely need to work on that gel eyeliner technique. That one will definitely come up if I'm ever working a fashion photo shoot. On to the next ...

No comments:

Post a Comment