Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Makeup 354 Day 26 - Au nautrale, bruised again and another year older.

This year I had planned to get a tattoo on my birthday to mark my turning 26 on the 26th, but things turned out differently. I have a film to prepare for, dance rehearsal to go to, work to go to and a makeup blog that I started that needs doing. My birthday also happened to fall on a Wednesday this year and I want my girls with me when I get said tattoo. Have I designed it? Yes. Is it perfect? No. Am I ready to go under the needle? ... maybe? We'll see if the tattoo happens at some later point in time this year when my girls can be with me and I've decided the pain is worth it. For now I'm looking back and seeing what I am thankful for.

I have amazing people in my life who have been beyond supportive of me and my passions. Whether those passions were being a champ Irish dancer (yea, I thought I could), being the seamstress for an upscale kids clothing line (did that for months till the designer took a break), being a jewelry designer (yea, still do that one) or this new-found passion for film/tv makeup and films in general. My friends have all told me that I can do this and on the days where life is ... well, life I need those voices in my head so that my tiny one can be magnified. I need to hear the votes of confidence and not think about the raised eyebrows and shaking heads.

I still have a job. Only the ones closest to me or on my private twitter know what that means to me and the roller coaster that has been. Thank you, God that I still have a job and a pretty decent one at that.

I have found a strength in myself that I didn't know I had. I don't care what people think about how I dress or how I wear my makeup or how I like my hair. I don't care if I sound silly to a celebrity who has heard worse and will never remember me. I leave work at work and come home to hobbies that let me blow off some steam and enjoy my life.

This year brought a lot of growing pains and while they were far from easy and far from fun I am so glad that I had them. I am happy with who I am right now. It looks funny to write that because a few short months ago I feel like I had no idea who I was and then I woke up one morning determined to be a makeup artist. And guess what folks: I'm doing it. Saturday marks my first day on set. Ever. And I can't wait!

Makeup 365 - Day 26

So, just in case you didn't know I'm shooting a film on Saturday. That being said a bit of trial was in order for the look we're going for Saturday. Especially when I have never done it before. The look is very natural. By very natural I mean the wife has just woken up. Basically no makeup at all. Now, if you have been paying attention you realize that even woman on tv who look 'natural' are wearing makeup. Whether I have told you this or you have noticed or read it somewhere, you know that everyone in film and tv wears makeup. With (I think) the exception of certain indie films (For Lovers Only?) where men tend to not wear any makeup, this is the norm. That's right, everyone. Even my fave Nathan Fillion is wearing at least a tinted moisturizer and lip balm. Very manly. ; ) Now that we have cleared that up, here is my attempt at looking like I just woke up.

The makeup:
Photobucket
(Pictured: Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Nude, bruise wheel by Kryolon, Smashbox waterproof gel eyeliner, MAC False Lashes, Laura Mercier tinted lip balm in rose)

My results:
Photobucket

I also played with my bruise wheel tonight. I give you some physical assault:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment