Saturday, October 1, 2011

Makeup 365

Hello, my lovelies! It has been far too long since I have blogged let alone blogged about anything makeup related. In the passed two weeks I have flailed over several amazing makeup things such as a behind the scenes look at 'True Blood' (holy gross vampires, Batman), the 'Fringe' season premiere (nasty stuff with silicone prosthetics) and 'The Vampire Diaries' lovely 1920's costumes yet lack of 1920's sweetheart lips (sad panda). In my travels through the gobs of books and internet research I have been doing I have learned so many amazing things. For those of you who want to attempt the film industry like I do I highly recommend you buy and devour 'The Makeup Artist's Handbook' by Gretchen Davis + Mindy Hall. This book seriously tells you everything you need to know before you hit the set from color theory to what to keep in your set bag. I didn't even know you needed a set bag let alone a set chair and 3/4 the supplies that the pros need. Detailed lists of supplies are in this book as well as step by steps on tattoo cover up and several other incredibly useful tips. There are also entire chapters devoted to hair and design as well as all of the 'tech stuff' that we all either need to know or would love to know. Absolutely awesome book. Go buy it and learn lots!

Now on to my next venture: Makeup 365. I am going to attempt to do one makeup per day every day for 365 days. This can be anything from a copy from a magazine to gore makeup to my daily makeup, but evey day there will be a new one. Today is day number one, so here it is!

The project:


The tools:
Photobucket

The makeup:
Photobucket
(Pictured: Original 88 Palette and Neutral Palette from CostalScents.com)

Photobucket
(Pictured: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer, MAC Studio Tech compact hydro foundation, MAC False Lash Mascara, Smashbox Waterproof Gel Eyeliner, Make Up For Ever High Definition Powder, Ulta Mineral blush, Kat Von D by Sephora lipstick in Coral Castle, false lashes from my kit)

Now, if the books and reading like crazy has taught me only one thing it is proper skin care. Before I put any makeup on I put on a cleansing lotion and a toner. My brand of choice is Lush because of the 'all natural' blah blah. I use 9 to 5 and Breath of Fresh Air ever day before I put on my primer. About twice a month I use Lush's Lettuce Love face mask which is amazing for normal skin like mine that is slightly oily and slightly dry in spots with occasional acne from long periods of wearing makeup.
Photobucket

Drum roll please .......

Photobucket
Photobucket

I took a few liberties simply because I liked the colors and because it was what I had. Here is to the start of something fun and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment