Saturday, October 8, 2011

Makeup 365 Day 8 - Care for your brushes, ladies!

If my time at the opera taught me anything it was to clean your brushes properly. Your brushes and sponges (or replace your sponge with a fresh one often). My key at the opera taught us to wash our brushes in Dawn dish detergent after every use. Now, granted, you're not using your brushes on multiple faces every day, but good hygiene is, well, good. It will prolong the life of your brushes and the life of your skin. I wash my powder brushes once a week, my eyeliner brushes every night, my foundation brush every night and my eyeshadow brushes every day or two. With Dawn. To make sure you get all the soap our squeeze the bristles through your thumb and first finger. If you see white stuff come out, keep rinsing until you see no more. Give the fluffy brushes a flick to get the water out and then let them dry on their own. The flat brushes simply squeeze and either let them dry or blot with a towel. Happy brushes make for a happy face with pretty makeup! And now, on to Makeup 365!

The project:
Photobucket

The makeup: I used very little today!
Photobucket
(Pictured: Urban Decay Eyehsadow Primer Potion, Original 88 palette by CoastalScents.com, MAC Studio Tech NC15, MAC False Lashes, Make Up For Ever HD Powder, Hot Pot gel eyeliner by Pop Candy, Palladino Lip gloss)

For the record: I hate this. I tried to make the lips work by blocking them out and using the primer potion to make eyeshadow stay on. Yea, didn't work. Looks like crap. Lesson learned.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment