Monday, November 21, 2011

Makeup 365 Day 52 - Curling Iron, My Friend

I have been on a mad hunt for a way to get those gorgeous big bouncy curls that we see on red carpets in my hair. For the record, my hair does nothing. By nothing I truly mean nothing. Curls do not stay in. I get halfway done with the curing iron and the first few curls are drooping. Pin curls make me look like Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix. Foam curler curls don't last. Once upon a time about 5 years ago I had a perm ... that didn't last. So, the great curl hunt has been on for years. Every now and then I find the motivation to try something else new and this weekend was it. I pin curled Friday into Saturday and got wild Bellatrix hair yet again. I decided it was time to get a set of hot rollers and did a youtube search for how-to videos(I am not above the how-to's). I found one vid where the girl blew her hair dry like normal and then puled her hair into a ponytail, curling just the ponytail. When she let her hair down OMG bounce red carpet curls! So, this AM I tried it. And it worked! A little hair spray and I have had gorgeous curls all day. All day! I can't believe it. Straight hair is for the birds!

Makeup 365:

Playing around on tumblr today (yea, I can't believe I have one now either) I came across a makeup done by an MUA in London for a recent shoot. I liked the way the liner was done, but put my own twist on it, hence why there is no project picture today.

The makeup:
Photobucket
(Pictured: my staple primers, MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW15, Make up For Ever HD Powder, Sephora blush in rose frais, Smashbox waterproof gel eyeliner, MAC False Lashes, Ulta liquid eyeliner that I didn't use, Kat Von D by Sephora lipcolor in Coral Castle)

My results and my luscious locks:

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment