Saturday, November 12, 2011

Makeup 365 Day 43 - A Little Black and White Action

Black and white photography and black and white films have always been something I have loved. Finding the beauty, the magic, the mystery and the story in a world without color is fascinating and amazing. I find it breathtaking. That being said I have wanted to do a post on makeup for black and white digital photography and film since the beginning of this adventure. Naturally I have done my reading and looked at many pictures to find the proper way to do things. For the most part what you want to do it eliminate all light and shadow on the face to make it a blank canvas. From here you punctuate it with color to bring out the features you want most prominent, in this case the eyes and lips. I think I did a fair job, but this is something I will definitely be working on.

The project:
Photobucket

The makeup:
Photobucket
(Pictured: my staple primers, MAC Studio Tech NC15, Make Up For Ever HD Powder, Kryolon concealer palette, MAC False Lashes, Smashbox waterproof gel eyeliner, Original88 Palette by CoastalScents.com, Sephora lip color in deep red)

My results:

In color:
Photobucket

In B&W:
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment