Thursday, December 8, 2011

Makeup 365 Days 67 and 68

Between going to NYC Tuesday night and the storm we had last night preventing photobucket from uploading this entry is very delayed! I apologize, my friends. I will post day 69 a bit later in the day. I have a shepherd costume to make, a dress to press, horses to care for, a dog to walk and a concert to go to which means day 69 may be a bit delayed as well. Life! Anyway ...

Day 67:

I have been getting to the point with this where I am tired of copying everyone else. I am also getting tired of working on my own face, but I digress ... Anywho, I decided I would take inspiration from things around me instead of trying to copy to pros. While copying the pros is a good way to learn techniques it makes you only as good as the person you are copying. I need to flex my design muscles now. So for this one I took my inspiration from a peacock.

The makeup:
Photobucket
(Pictured: My staple primers, MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW15, Make Up For Ever HD Powder, Sephora blush in rose frais, Hot Pot gel eyeliner by Pop Candy, MAC False Lashes, Mirage palette by CoastalScents.com, not pictured: Kat Von D by Sephora lip color in Hellcat)

My results:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I rather like this color combination with my coloring. It may not show up in the pictures, but in the daylight it made my eyes look green which I love. Gray eyes are cool and all, but I love when they change color.

Day 68:

So, nail art. I found this tutorial on how to make tie dye nails. Cool. Go to try it, get two nails in an it is a royal pain in the rear. I am an incredibly patient person with things like this and I got two nails done before I just dropped it all together.

Here is what it turned out looking like:

Photobucket

Looks pretty cool, but it is definitely not worth the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment