Thursday, December 15, 2011

Makeup 365 Day 74, 75 and 76 - Be Patient

Patience is a virtue that I sometimes lack in a large way. I have been unemployed for 6 weeks(ish) and have found the vortex of 'why haven't I landed a gig since that last film? I apply all the time. I hunt craigslist and other entertainment job websites and email till my brain hurts. Why why why?' If I ask myself why one more time I'm going to ram my own head into the nearest wall. I sat in front of the computer today reading a blog I stumbled across that is written anonymously by a guy who is currently a PA in LA. Reading that blog did two things for me: it gave me real-world knowledge of the industry and it knocked me down a few pegs. My cover letters that would do amazingly in the business world suck as far as this is concerned. I had to make a third resume today ... just for film! *shakes head* I literally got to a point where I was just in limbo. I wasn't depressed exactly, not really upset and most definitely not happy. I was just in limbo. This strange sense of being about to fall off the cliff, but you still think you can fly. Thankfully I had a few things I had to do tonight that got me away from it all for a while. To make it all worth it, I came home to an email offering me a gig. Unpaid, naturally, but how do you think those that make the big bucks started at this? It was like a breath of clean air in a stifling room with no sunlight. Okay. I can do this ...

Makeup 365:

I know, I know! I'm so sorry I skipped out on three days worth of this project. I still have no idea how many of you look at this or if I even need to apologize to those who do (do you miss it when I don't post?), but there it is. Anywho, here we go.

Day 74:

Tonight's project comes to you from where? Tumblr!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw87barfEU1qf63zuo1_500.jpg


The makeup:
Photobucket
(Pictured: My staple primers, MAC Studio Tech NC15, Make Up For Ever HD Powder, MAC False Lashes, Hot Pot gel eyeliner by Pop Candy, Palladino lip gloss, Mirage palette from CostalScents.com)

The result:
Photobucket

Day 75:

Tonight was my mom's 50th birthday and one of her patients/friend invited us to their country club for dinner. If you don't know country clubs are 'no jeans' type places. I have no problem with this considering I once worked in a business casual environment. It was kind of nice to break out my old wardrobe that I have stuffed into the back of my closet and bottoms of my drawers. I don't have a project or a picture of the makeup for tonight, but here is my look for the evening.

Photobucket

Day 76:

A little nail art! I found this (where else?) on tumblr!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment